Pokemon Coconut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Mayfly City Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1st Mayfly City Contest Empty 1st Mayfly City Contest

Post by Professor Pine Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:03 am

FIRST MAYFLY CITY CONTEST

PARTICIPANTS:
-Kai Starshift-
-Melba Glitterdust-
-Desmond Joyce-

Last edited by Professor Pine on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Pine
Professor Pine
Researcher rank boss

Back to top Go down

1st Mayfly City Contest Empty Re: 1st Mayfly City Contest

Post by Kai Starshift Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am

I sat in the waiting room while taping one of my feet nervously. Most people around me seemed just as nervous as I was. My mareep was standing a few feet away, looking at me with renewed curiosity. We had only been together for a week or two so far, not to mention that this was our first coordinator contest. We were nothing compared some of the people around us had, who obviously already had loads of experience in this area. All these thoughts going through my head were just making me more nervous by the second. A sudden shock on my leg made me jump. Mareep had rubbed himself against me and shocked me with his static electricity. –You’re right, you’re right, we’ve trained for this.- I got up and rubbed my face. –We’re going to be fine.- A told myself.

I moved towards a big flatscreen TV where several contestants were already watching the first few acts. Most of them were pretty weak, where as other were absolutely astonishing. This was probably to be expected out of the contests hosted so that anyone can participate. Finally my name was called: I had to get ready to step into the arena. –It’s your big moment, buddy.- I said to my mareep as we both walked out of there and towards the corridor that led to the stage.

The applause was loud and overwhelming, the amount of light around us lit the stage almost to the point of making it glow and blinding us in a way that we could barely identify the crowd. I knew I had to walk towards the centre of the arena, but my feet were frozen in place at the entrance. Mareep nudged me with another electric spasm and we both finally managed to move forward. By the time I bowed to the audience my courage had finally reformed.

I had asked the organizers beforehand to turn off the lights as soon as I bowed. This worked fantastically, as the lights started to get dimmer until the entire arena was engulfed by darkness. –Mareep, start charging.- My pokemon obeyed and started rubbing its legs together. In the silence and pitch black darkness the round jewel on the tip of his tail began to glow bright red. This was followed by a surprised ovation from the crowd. –Use electroball.- The mareep started charging a small ball of electric current in his mouth, shooting it upwards towards the tall ceiling a few seconds later. This managed illuminate the arena slightly, but I wasn’t finished yet. –Now, discharge!- Fast as lightning my pokemon jumped upwards and shot a set of visible electric impulses towards the ball. His aim was a bit off and I thought he would miss, but me somehow managed to his the side of the glowing electric ball. The round shape exploded into a rain of light around us, kind of like a firework explosion. Unfortunately because of his aim I had to move a little do dodge whatever sparks flew in my direction if I didn’t want to get shocked again. We both bowed to the crowd again and left the arena accompanied by a roaring applause. I had officially survived my first contest.
Kai Starshift
Kai Starshift
Coordinator rank 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Pine Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am

The member 'Kai Starshift' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Contest' :
1st Mayfly City Contest Num_510 1st Mayfly City Contest Num_510 1st Mayfly City Contest Num_310
Professor Pine
Professor Pine
Researcher rank boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Melba Glitterdust Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Being on the backstage was nerve-wracking. Everyone in the room was silent, probably because they were also nervous as I was. During all this time I just sat in my own corner, my Mimikyu "Pikaboo" on my lap while I shook from pure stress. -Aaah when did I ever think this was a good idea? I don't even like being on the spotlight... and neither do you.- I complained on and on, trying to find and excuse to get myself out of this place. But every time I figured something out my mind came back to that one call I made before the whole event. Sadly for me there was no way to back down now... If Lyco didn't see me on live TV this would be the end of me. I sighed once again, this time trying to gather myself up. Pikaboo on her side didn't seem to mind the whole situation, tickling my face with her disguise's ears. -(Does she even know what's coming to her...)-

The sudden mention of the name of the person that came just before mine made me jump in my place. I held mimikyu close to me for a moment before putting her down, slowly making my way towards the stage. It wasn't my turn yet, but at least I could watch from the back what was happening on stage. This, by far, seemed to be one of my worst ideas. Why was there such a huge crowd?! I definitely wasn't going to be able to pull this off... While the performance was finishing up I froze in place. Suddenly, Pikaboo jumped, slapping me with the head of the disguise. Well, it didn't quite hurt, but it managed to make me react. I stared surprised at my companion for a few seconds. -...Please don't ever do that again... But thanks, I needed that.- I took a final deep breath while my name was being mentioned. -Alright, just like we practiced.- My legs were shaking like no tomorrow, and I bet that if I tried to talk to anyone right now I would just cry, but hey, fake it till you make it, right?

I pulled off the best smile I could gather while I started to walk on stage, doing my best in ignoring the crowd before me. The crowd slowly went quiet as I walked on stage, highly concentrating on not tripping and falling face first on the ground. The lights were dimmed once I reached the middle of the stage, two  spotlights turning on over me and Pikaboo. -Starting off, Pikaboo! Use play rough!- Alright, to be honest, it is not seen as the most charismatic thing, but at least it had a use for something... Once Mimikyu started using her move, she became surrounded by a cloud of dust and stars. -Ok, quickly now use charm!- Mimikyu wasn't visible inside that cloud, but what we could see was some heart shaped forms swirling along the dust and stars. -Finish it off now, use shadow claw.- Suddenly, a long dark claw made it's way outside the cloud, cutting it in half and dispersing the dust away from my companion, piercing the hearts in half that exploded into glitter over the stage.

Just like that my little performance was FINALLY over. I tried to convince myself that I didn't shake during the whole thing, though I wasn't sure the judges would say the same. I bowed towards the public that went from silent to a roaring never-ending applause. I picked Mimikyu up and rushed to the backstage.
Melba Glitterdust
Melba Glitterdust
Coordinator rank 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Pine Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:51 pm

The member 'Melba Glitterdust' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Contest' :
1st Mayfly City Contest Num_210 1st Mayfly City Contest Num_610 1st Mayfly City Contest Num_410
Professor Pine
Professor Pine
Researcher rank boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Joyce Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

Drowzee was fiddling with his top hat. He looked like he was thinking about some pretty deep things, he had these alluring twinkles in his eyes. Maybe he was thinking about charging out onto the stage and sucking all of the humans in the building into a beautiful purple vortex and teleporting them somewhere dark and lonely. Maybe he was thinking about ice cream. I can never really tell. I was sitting down on a box that I think may have been used to move lights around. It was a black box. It had a silver rim. It had very secure looking latches on it. I thought about hiding in it and waiting until the contest was over, but I ended up not doing that as the next time I looked up Drowzee has run off somewhere. I decided to think about my routine again and wait for Drowzee to hopefully return before my name was called. I already knew it inside out, but all of the lights and noise from the stage were pretty annoying.

Before long I heard applause and, fortunately, Drowzee showed up. I assumed he’d been antagonising a dozing guard again because he looked full up and ready to go. There was some muffled microphone talking going on out on the stage. –Do you have your balls, buddy?- Drowzee grabbed his balls. –Great! We wouldn’t want you to lose your balls just before we go out there to perform.- Drowzee nodded happily and started wiggling around. I heard the announcer lady start prepping for the next performance. –So, just remember have fun. And make sure your balls don’t drop while we’re on stage.- Drowzee was seemingly overjoyed. People always talk about being nervous before things like this but I felt a strange sense of empty calm as I heard the muffled microphone say something marginally reminiscent of my name. I pulled my trousers up high, retucked my shirt in, took off my shoes, breathed in, then wandered out waving violently. I even tried to smile. I failed, obviously, my face just doesn’t move that way. Drowzee waddled out along side me. He looked so fabulous in his top hat.

I took a few bows to begin with. Drowzee milked the bows a little too long but who am I to take his moment away from him? A spotlight was turned on and my requested musical number was beginning to play. Showtime. I stood and looked down to Drowzee and nodded. Drowzee put his hands on his temples, they glowed for a little bit, then fizzled out. Just as planned of course. He then danced around a little and pulled his hat off, revealing his balls to the audience. He then put his hat back on and began to juggle. The crowd were stunned into silence by the action, of course, and so they should be. But we weren’t done there! –Drowzee, use Meditate!- I strike a pose that I am hoping says “elegance with a hint on juniper berries”. Drowzee continues juggling but now a veil of indigo energy is floating below him as he hovers off of the ground. –Zen Headbutt!- now we’re into stage three. Drowzee hovers up higher, by lowering his arms, and is now juggling using his headbutts. Sparks begin flying off in all directions. And then for the pièce de résistance. As Drowzee raises himself to the opportune height flickers of psychic energy begin pouring out of a hole above him. The Future Sight attack hits! The juggling balls are lit up with a luminescent glow, and they fire up into the sky like glowball fireworks. Wonderful! The balls dissolve and the crowd claps. Drowzee is a bit too excited and his dismount is clumsy. He tumbles to the floor in a heap in fact. I help him up to his feet and we bow. And that was that. –You did very well Drowzee- Drowzee looks happy -Now let’s see if we can find someone who has taken a nap on the job, shall we?- now he’s ecstatic.

Last edited by Desmond Joyce on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Desmond Joyce
Desmond Joyce
Coordinator rank 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Pine Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

The member 'Desmond Joyce' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Contest' :
1st Mayfly City Contest Num_510 1st Mayfly City Contest Num_1010 1st Mayfly City Contest Num_510
Professor Pine
Professor Pine
Researcher rank boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum